Friday, July 28, 2017

SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT ABILITY !!

Making video is not just what I want !!
When I make videos or work on any project I go through it before and after the video release.
I presented the problems of visually impaired and a differently able person in the recent video.

Video : https://www.facebook.com/ganeshgpks/videos/483517898667346/ (Facebook)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0zkYoxBXsA

Before writing script I went through the problems of these people and how they have been struggling in day to day life. I think I have done justice with the script and addressed the problem properly.

But I have said in it, the dream of a person who spend most of his life on wheelchair to climb up THE MOUNT EVEREST. I really didn't have any idea whether this thing has been done or not when I was writing script. But after posting the video,  I searched some successful people with different ability.

Actually it has been DONE !! And its done by Arunima Singh of India. She was pushed from a running train by some robbers in 2011 and one of her legs had to be amputated below the knee. Obviously, she can walk with  artificial leg but to dream to climb Mt. Everest with it is the greatest inspiration to everyone.


She said , "When I was undergoing treatment at AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) for four months, I could not do anything on my own. But then one day I decided to climb the Everest."



And she DID on May 21, 2013 !!!

There are few people who has been doing great works here in Nepal too.

1) Shristi KC

She cannot see. In-spite of being blind she has done great works for the people like her and for others too. She is a founder of Blind Rocks organization which work on behalf of blind people. It also discuss on national issues. She is also a trainer, dancer and motivational speaker. She has visited different countries like Spain, Italy, UK, France etc.



2) Sagar Prasai
He is a social worker and motivational speaker. He has been actively raising voice for the physically challenged people.




I also searched people from outside of our country. I found a successful TV host, Speaker, Chef and You tuber. She is Christine Ha. She is the first blind contestant of MasterChef and the winner of its third season in 2012. I watched her few speeches, her story is great. (Watch them on Youtube )




Then I watch some youtube videos about how these people uses computer and mobiles. I tried some android apps which are used by blind people. I am sad that I didn't find any good apps that really helps them or I couldn't found the one which really works. Apple has some good features but it's not in android.

Yes, this small project has taught me a lot of things. The struggle and the problem they have been facing in daily life up to climbing the Mt. Everest. These all are motivation for me to work much more for the society and country.
And YES, from the next video I have decided to put subtitle on the videos (in possible ones). It is for the people who cannot hear !!
Thank you everyone who watched it.
Keep doing great works. Do what you love doing !!
Love and regards !!

No comments:

Post a Comment